Monday, January 17, 2011

Chapter One

I make New Years resolutions. But, I struggle to keep them. Getting up at 5am to walk sounds great the night before, but never at 5am. So, I do what many of us do, I lower my expectations, I get up later, or at least, not as often. Recently, I have found much more success with my personal goals. And, I think it is because I am doing a better job at "motivating the elephant." This time I have planning/direction and emotion going for me.

Do you believe big changes can happen? Can they happen in our lives? Can they happen in our churches?

We are by our nature a people of hope, of new life. We believe that God continues to work in our world and in our churches. But too often we fumble in bringing about change. As we study this book, I invite you to go to the Switch book website to download both the simple chart and the workbook. I also invite you to prayerfully come up with one situation in which you feel God is calling you to be instrumental in bring about change. Write this situation down and pray daily for guidance as you seek to apply what you are learning to where God is calling you. If you'd like us to pray with you, post it!

Link: http://heathbrothers.com/
Go to site and click 'resources' then, look for Switch resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment